Lane Arts Council is seeking Latino/a/e/x or indigenous (to the geographic region that is now known as Central or South America) artists to sell their original work at First Friday ArtWalk and kick-off for Fiesta Cultural, the celebration of Latino/a/x/e art, culture, and heritage.
Location: Farmers Market Pavillion, indoors with several of the bay doors opened for air circulation
Date: Friday, September 2nd
Set-up time: Beginning at 3:30
Marketplace Open: 5:30-8pm
Cost: Artist Marketplace is gaining momentum after COVID19 so we are not charging a fee and are not requiring a portion of sales (although donations are always appreciated!)
All mediums are welcome, including painting, ceramics, drawing, sculpture, etc. Artists can also work on the spot, but need to cover the ground to prevent accidental staining of the pavilion floor. Artists must bring everything they require, including their original artwork and a way to display it (table, easels, etc). Because this event is indoors, there is no space for canopies.
Please note that if you are interested in participating in the Artist Marketplace, you must agree to the following:
- Identify as a Latino/a/e/x or indigenous from the geographic region now known as Central or South America
- Are able to be 95% set up by 5pm on September 2ndas the Fire Marshall will be inspecting the set up at that time. Set up can begin as early as 3:30pm. Please make sure you allocate enough prep time to meet this timeline
- Will provide everything required for marketplace set up including your original artwork and a way to display it (table, easels, etc.)
- If you are creating artwork on site, provide cover for the ground and other areas
If you are interested in participating, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Confirmation you are available September 2nd for set up, the event, and take down at the above times.
- Contact info: name, email, phone
- Space size requested (most folks bring a 6′ table)
- Please let me know if you are planning to work live