Through interactive theatre games and skit development, students will build community and explore solutions to oppressive behavior (such as bullying or harassment) and other conflicts. Utilizing Theatre of the Oppressed’s Forum Theatre technique, students break into small groups and create skits based on conflicts they observe or experience in their own lives. The residency culminates in group performances of the skits. After each group’s performance, the audience members will brainstorm resolutions to the conflict(s) depicted.
Interactive skits students can perform for each other or for the school at large.
Students will learn to collaborate to create a piece of theatre.
Students will gain performance confidence.
- Students will gain confidence in creative thinking and conflict resolution.
Students will participate in respectful discussions of issues and ideas
Students will gain confidence to stand up and speak out against oppressive situations such as bullying and harassment.
- Best suited for 6-12th grades.
- Can be modified for grades 3-5.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 3 hours per classroom
- Materials: $1.00 per student
- Travel from Eugene