In this musical writing program, students will work together to write and perform a mini musical with up to three original songs. Students will learn about play structure, singing, songwriting and improvisation as a tool for composition. Each session includes a warmup for the body, voice or mind, creative collaboration in small groups and refining and rehearsing ideas as a class.
By the end of this residency, students will have written and performed a mini musical with
up to 3 original songs. They will also receive a printed booklet of the musical they wrote including the
script and lyrics.
- Students will learn how to use improvisation as a tool for creating and capturing creative ideas.
- Students will be able to channel their emotions into creative movement, dialogue and song.
- Students will gain experience collaborating on a creative project from beginning to end.
- Kindergarten-5th grade (can be adapted for all ages)
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 3 hours per classroom
- Materials: $1.50 per student
- Travel from Eugene