Let’s tell our own story using multimedia applications on iPads! This residency will explore character development with frame-by-frame digital animation, and options for videography, graphic design made simple with touch screen technology. Team building games and possible VR component make this residency a great choice for schools looking to expand in the STEAM/STEM direction!
Students will collaborate to create one comprehensive Digital Story per classroom.
- Combine concepts collaboratively to generate innovative ideas for creating art.
- Draw on feedback from teachers and peers to develop and refine the technical and expressive aspects of compositions.
- Envision original ideas and innovations for media artworks using personal experiences and the work of others.
- Generate ideas, goals, and solutions for original media artworks through application of focused creative processes, such as divergent thinking and experimenting
- Use identified generative methods to formulate multiple ideas, develop artistic goals and problem solve in media arts creation processes.
- Best suited for 6th-12th grades.
- Can be modified for 3rd-5th grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: .5 hours for every 1 hour of residency
- Materials: Depends on length of residency.
- Travel from Creswell
“Olive is fantastic. Her work with students was inspiring! She was incredibly well prepared and shared fantastic examples of student artistry.” — Kelly Middle School
Thanks to the Mozilla Gigabit Community Fund for supporting us to kick-start our digital storytelling program.