***This program is fully booked for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year; please let us know if you are interested in bringing Olive to your school in 2019-20!***
Music is a universal language, and electronic music is a modern musical dialect spoken by young people everywhere. The art of the music producer, instrumentalist, singer, DJ, and composer are all linked with the tools of technology; in this residency students will get hands on experience with professional quality music production gear. Electronic Music Exploration allows students to find where they fit, whether it is in the studio, behind the controls, or on stage performing.
The students will prepare a showcase of music and media as a team.
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Generate melodic, rhythmic and harmonic ideas for compositions or improvisations using digital tools and resources.
- Draw on feedback from teachers and peers to develop and refine the technical and expressive aspects of compositions.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- Best suited for 6th-12th grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: .5 hours for every 1 hour of residency + .5 hours per classroom for set-up and break-down
- Materials: Depends on the length of the residency.
- Travel from Creswell
“Olive is fantastic. Her work with students was inspiring! She was incredibly well prepared and shared fantastic examples of student artistry.” — Kelly Middle School