Let’s create a collaborative podcast! In this residency we will create a podcast including speech, sound effects, and music. Students will utilize intuitive touchscreen technology and learn how to use a microphone to present ideas and entertainment.
Students will create a podcast that can be shared with family, friends, and fellow students.
- Envision original ideas and innovations for media artworks using personal experiences and the work of others.
- Generate ideas, goals, and solutions for original media artworks through application of focused creative processes, such as divergent thinking and experimenting.
- Draw on feedback from teachers and peers to develop and refine the technical and expressive aspects of compositions.
- Utilize technology to create a media arts experience
- Develop and refine artistic work for presentation.
- Best suited for 6th-12th grades.
- Can be modified for K-5th grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each.
- Prep hours: .5 hours for every 1 hour of residency + .5 hours per classroom for set-up and break-down
- Materials: Depends on the length of the residency.
- Travel from Creswell
“Olive is fantastic. Her work with students was inspiring! She was incredibly well prepared and shared fantastic examples of student artistry.” — Kelly Middle School