As a class, students will work together to write and record an original song. Students will identify a topic that interests them, then learn about song structure, verse, chorus, rhyme and meter while working with their chosen topic. Their song will be recorded in the final session and then posted online to be shared with family and friends.
Listen to a sample of Peter’s work with students here!
Each classroom’s completed song will be available online for free streaming and download by family and friends.
Students will collaborate as a creative team to write a song.
Students will learn aspects of songwriting such as verse, chorus, rhyme, and meter.
- Students will expand on and explore a subject through creative expression.
- Students will see a creative project go from idea to reality, with the ability to share their accomplishment with family and friends.
- Students will experience the steps of a recording process.
- Best suited for grades K-5th.
- Can be modified for grades 6-8th.
- 5 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1 hour per classroom
- Materials: Flat equipment fee of $50
- Travel from Eugene