This program shows students how to share their writing, art, and ideas as they create, prepare, print, and distribute original zines.
This is a versatile supplementary class designed to complement standard curriculum. In this fun class, we will explore a variety of literary and visual techniques as students will be given the opportunity to transform personal reflections and/or other standard lesson plans into collages and zines.
A Collage or Zine, Digital or Physical, that will either artistically represent a subject they are studying in school or a personal diary style reflection of themselves.
- Learn ways in which the arts serve a variety of personal, professional, practical, economic, community and cultural needs
- Create, present or perform a work of art that demonstrates an idea, mood or feeling using essential elements or organizational principles
- Deepen their understanding of course materials through re-contextualizing their lesson plans into an artistic format.
- Examine how a work of art reflects an artist’s environment and personal experience within a society or culture
- Learn the elements and principles of art: Line, Shape, Form, Space, Color, Value, Texture, Balance, Movement, Rh