This is a versatile supplementary class designed to complement standard curriculum. In this fun class, we will explore a variety of literary and visual techniques as students will be given the opportunity to transform personal reflections and/or other standard lesson plans into collages and zines.
A Collage or Zine, Digital or Physical, that will either artistically represent a subject they are studying in school or a personal diary style reflection of themselves.
- Learn ways in which the arts serve a variety of personal, professional, practical, economic, community and cultural needs
- Create, present or perform a work of art that demonstrates an idea, mood or feeling using essential elements or organizational principles
- Deepen their understanding of course materials through re-contextualizing their lesson plans into an artistic format.
- Examine how a work of art reflects an artist’s environment and personal experience within a society or culture
- Learn the elements and principles of art: Line, Shape, Form, Space, Color, Value, Texture, Balance, Movement, Rhythm, Contrast, Emphasis, Pattern, Unity, Scale/Proportion
- Best suited for 6th-12th grades
- Can be modified for other grade levels
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1-3 hours per visit, depending on number of students and grade level. Less prep time is required for older students and for fewer students.
- Materials: $0.50-$1.00 per student, depending on student age and whether they will be making zines or collages. Zines have higher material costs.
- Travel from Eugene