***This program is fully booked for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year; please let us know if you are interested in bringing Tara to your school in 2020-21!***
This program is designed for k-5 to get them interested in creative play. We explore making hoops and learning techniques as well as tricks that are accompanied by music. Students will get an opportunity to work in groups as well as individually, learning their own way to express themselves through movement. This program supports confidence-building and empowerment through growth mindset practices.
There are a few options here.
(1): A final performance for parents at the end of the program
(2): A final performance for the school at the end of the program
(3): Having a hoop to take home and practice their skills (most expensive final product option)
- Students will gain performance confidence
- Students will learn how to work as a team to create a collaborative performance
- Students will learn the importance of asymmetry and symmetry in movements
- Students will learn patience through skill based technique
- Students will learn the importance of engaging with an audience performance style settings
- Best suited for K-5th grades.
- Can be modified for 6th-8th grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1 hour per classroom, plus 4 hours per residency for making students’ hoops
- Materials: $4 per student – if students are keeping their hoops
- Travel from Eugene