Michael Davidson
A&E Tax Service & Oregon Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts

Monday, March 2, 2015

04:00 PM - 06:00 PM

Hult Center Studio
1 Eugene Center
Eugene, OR


As tax season rapidly approaches, you may find yourself wondering how to file taxes for your arts business. Are you a self-employed artist? Do you want to claim your home as an office space? Do you travel to trade shows for work and want to file it as an expense on your taxes? This workshop will teach you what financial records to keep for tax season and show you which forms to use for your arts business.

This workshop covers:

  • Definition of Taxable Income, Expense and Deduction
  • Record keeping: What to keep and for how long
  • Business options as an artist
  • Self-Employment Tax
  • Tax opportunities unique to our area, ex. Lane Transit Tax
  •  Filing your home as an office
  • Forms to use for filing taxes for your arts business

About the Presenter:
How many tax guys do you know who can work a follow spot? Michael spent many years in New York City working as a stagehand and as a lighting, scenery, and production designer. He was also instrumental in bringing the Big Top back to New York with the Big Apple Circus. In 1979, Michael moved to the Pacific Northwest to manage theatre for Seattle Community College before settling in Portland to produce shows through his own company, Michael Davidson Presents. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology from Pomona College and studied Stagecraft in the Master’s program at Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh.

Michael is a Licensed Tax Consultant and an Enrolled Agent, a Federal Tax Designation allowing him to represent clients with the Internal Revenue Service.

City-of-Eugene_LogoThis workshop is presented in partnership with the City of Eugene Cultural Services Division.

This workshop is sponsored by Pacific Continental Bank.

This workshop fee is $15-$25 (sliding scale).

Contact at or 541-485-2278 with any questions.

Bookings no longer allowed on this date.