***This program is fully booked for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year; please let us know if you are interested in bringing Ash to your school in 2020-21!***
Learn about Civil Rights Leaders and explore the extensive impacts they have made through the use of charcoal portrait drawings as well as other brush paints and primers. Learn about grayscale, blending, texture, structure, and the history of art being a catalyst for change during the civil rights era.
Each student will create a charcoal or mixed-media portrait drawing of a civil rights leader.
- Students will learn about prominent civil rights leaders.
- Students will create a civil rights inspired portrait.
- Students will learn how to work with charcoal.
- Students will learn texture and composition.
- Students will learn how art was a tool for change during the civil rights era.
- Appropriate for all grade levels.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 2 hours per classroom
- Materials: $2.00 per student
- Travel from Eugene