Learn about Civil Rights Leaders and explore the extensive impacts they have made through the use of charcoal portrait drawings as well as other brush paints and primers. Learn about grayscale, blending, texture, structure, and the history of art being a catalyst for change during the civil rights era.
Each student will create a charcoal or mixed-media portrait drawing of a civil rights leader.
- Students will learn about prominent civil rights leaders.
- Students will create a civil rights inspired portrait.
- Students will learn how to work with charcoal.
- Students will learn texture and composition.
- Students will learn how art was a tool for change during the civil rights era.