***This program is fully booked for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year; please let us know if you are interested in bringing Ash to your school in 2020-21!***
Learn about spoken word poetry and how to create, embody and perform your own spoken word piece. Discover the elements that make up a spoken word through visual imagery, creative writing and embodiment practices. Cultivate your authentic voice through play and social-emotional learning techniques to breathe life into your own original story in a powerful way.
The final product will be a spoken word piece written and performed by the student.
- Students will learn what spoken poetry is.
- Students will learn the elements that make up a spoken word piece.
- Students will learn how to perform their own spoken word piece.
- Students will learn how to embody their spoken word piece.
- Students will learn self-empowerment and the power and