In this residency, students will use recycled and found objects as tools for inspiration and creation. We will explore various forms of found art, including 3-D collage and blackout art. Through this creative process students will experience the power of using their unique artistic voice to transform the world around them.
Students will create three-dimensional collages. Students will also decide how they want to share their art with the world. The instructor will provide guidance for how the art could be displayed.
- Students will create multiple pieces of three dimensional, collage-art.
- Students will expand their understanding of what in their lives can be used to create art.
- Students will combine images and developmentally appropriate language to create original art with new meaning.
- Appropriate for all grade levels
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 2 hours per classroom
- Materials: $1.50 per student
- Travel from Eugene
“I am a non-binary educator and multi-media artist who recently moved to Eugene from Somerville, MA. I love empowering young people to create art that reflects their experiences, ideas, and communities. I believe that art has the power to shape who we are, as well as the world around us.”