In the ReUse Art residency students will learn the different methods in which we dispose of waste material including creative reuse and how our actions have an effect on our community. Students will be able to use scrap or “trash” to creative intentional, thoughtful themed art. The lesson finishes with the students sharing and comparing their artistic choices.
Projects will vary based on the materials available for reuse at the time of programming, but may include self-portraits, make-your-own monsters, animals, collaborative art pieces, and more!
- Students will understand the process and differences between trash and recycling and how it affects our community.
- Students will be able to to look at recycling with a critical eye and reuse the material in a thought-provoking piece of art.
Students will be able to discuss their process as an artist and explain their artistic choices.
- Students will create, present or perform a work of art that demonstrates an idea, mood or feeling using essential elements or organizational principles.
- Students will examine how a work of art reflects an artist’s environment and personal experience within a society or culture.
- Appropriate for all grade levels.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1 hour per classroom
- Materials: $0.30 per student
- Travel from Eugene
“Maiya was amazing! The students loved the projects, l