Students will create five imaginative clay creatures through unfiltered experimentation and authentic self expression while simultaneously learning about the technical side of sculpture, surface design and clay origins. There is only one rule, Make Make Make Make Make Make. This program is designed to empower students to create without boundaries, limitations or judgments. All that is requested is that they act on every idea and listen to themselves to create something new and personal. Each student will choose two of their five creations to fire and paint for their final project.
Each student will create two fired and painted ceramic creations.
- Students will learn basic ceramic hand building techniques such as coil, sculpture, and scoring.
- Students will gain an understanding of the origins and history of clay.
- Students will learn to listen to and trust their creative instincts.
Students will learn to critically and thoughtfully reflect on their own art making processes.
- Students will learn how to give thoughtful and respectful feedback about their peers’ artwork.
- This program is suited for students of all ages.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 2.5 hours per classroom
- Materials: $3.00 per student
- Travel from Eugene
Why I teach:
“Teaching art is to teach autonomy and compassion.