Creative Link strives to provide educators with accessible tools that build confidence, engage the creative process, and empower students to think in innovative and meaningful ways.
The Creative Link program provides:
- 22 weeks of professional development and instructional support for teachers.
- curriculum that teaches essential life skills to students.
- a personalized programmatic experience for participating teachers based on need and interest.
- project-based learning that unites core curriculum with an artistic mindset.
- effective strategies for engaging, supporting, and empowering life skills classrooms and students.
- creative teaching strategies for long-term sustainable student learning and growth.
Through incorporation of the Studio Habits of Mind (SHoM) and project-based learning, this program offers Lane County public schools an opportunity to engage their students in hands-on creative work while meeting core-curricula goals and criteria. No two Creative Link classrooms look quite the same. Lane Arts Council carefully selects and matches schools with qualified teaching art