Embark on an artistic journey where curiosity, sustainability, and surprise allows students the opportunity for creative exploration.
Through watercolors and the captivating alchemy of pH adjustments, students will delve into the ever-evolving world of natural pigments. Encouraging a spirit of exploration, this program celebrates the melding of art and science, inviting students to embrace curiosity as they create unique eco-art pieces inspired by the natural world that reflect their discoveries
At least 2 individual watercolors pieces with various multi-media elements that highlight textures and patterns inspired by nature.
- Students will be able to envision the creative possibilities within natural colors and patterns.
- Students will understand the historical significance of natural dyes before the development of synthetic alternatives.
- Students will develop an interdisciplinary understanding, exploring the interconnectedness between art and science through pH levels and chemical reactions.
- Students will recognize the value and importance of the artistic process, emphasizing risk-taking and experimentation.
- Best suited for grades 3 and older.
- Can be modified for grades K-2.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1.5 hour per classroom
- Materials: $2.00 per student
- Travel from Eugene