Students will create detailed scientific illustrations from a variety of insect, plant, and animal bone specimens, brought directly into the classroom.
Students will work in pencil, pen, and ink and in longer sessions may work in watercolor, acrylic media, or charcoal. Program encourages observational skills, critical thinking, literacy, spacial awareness, and informs on natural sciences; it is adaptable to any skill level or curriculum.
Students will individually complete a minimum of one observation drawing from study of natural specimen.
Students will learn and improve drawings skills.
Students will gain knowledge about specific plants, animals, and natural systems.
- Students will improve observational and deductive skills.
- Students will gain confidence in planning and executing artwork.
- Appropriate for all grade levels.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1 hour per classroom
- Materials: $2.00 per student.
- Travel from Corvallis