After a period of active recruitment through the summer and fall of 2021, Lane Arts Council welcomes six new members to its Board of Directors.
The addition of new Board members expands Lane Arts Council’s Board to fifteen: Jess Hampton, Laura King, Rachel Knighten, Glenn Newland, Celeste Peterson, and Julie Winsel join Tina Rinaldi, John Park, Noah Woodward, Julie Bailey, Joe Moore, Laura Illig, Michael Jones, Sherry Schaefers, and Becky Schwarzkopf.
The Lane Arts Council Board looks to the future and recovery of the arts in Lane County after lockdowns caused by COVID-19. The fall brought the return of many Lane Arts Council programs:
- Teaching artists returned to classrooms through our in-school Artist Residency programs;
- First Friday ArtWalk was reintroduced with self-guided tours of downtown Eugene’s galleries and arts venues on the first Friday of every month;
- Fiesta Cultural highlighted dozens of events and programs celebrating Latino/a/x arts, culture, and heritage;
- Middle and high school students learned about careers in design and developed their own design concepts through Design Arts Apprenticeships;
- Lane County artists and arts leaders came together for community conversations addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion through a series of Arts & Culture Roundtables.
With the guidance of Lane Arts Council’s robust Board of Directors, we look forward to continuing to provide arts education in schools, reconnect us all through arts experiences, support local artists and arts organizations, and continue to strengthen our arts community.
Learn more about Lane Arts Council and our new board members.