Painting is usually considered a flat affair, but not anymore! During this residency we will learn to use a variety of mediums and found materials with paint to create unique, textured works of Art. Experience painting like you never have before by exploring paint in the third dimension.
Each student will have a diagram of their making showing various colors they mixed and a finished 3D painting on canvas or wood from 4 x 4 inches to 8 x 10 inches.
- Students will connect with paint and color in a way not usually explored with traditional painting.
- Students will learn about color mixing, optical mixing, composition, and the idea of exploring a painting’s meaning by looking at it from different angles and perspectives.
- Students will engage their imaginations to find new and fun ways to explore shading, perspective, and abstract art making while creating unique thick or textured painting of their own.
- Appropriate for all grade levels.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 3 hours per classroom
- Materials: $4 per student
- Travel from Elmira
**4j schools choosing this residency through the ArtSpark program will be required to pay a portion of the material fees**
Why I teach art:
“I teach because I have something to share, something I learned from years of Artmaking. Teaching, sharing ideas and methods to help another’s journey, is an important calling for an Artist and one I am happy to answer. I want my passion for Art inspires others.” -Will Paradis