Move The Student Body is an inspiring, fun and diverse dance residency exploring movement principles derived from the traditions of modern dance/contemporary , ballet, tap dance, folk dance and hip hop with educational “threads” to both science and geography/world studies. With their extensive background as professional performers and teachers, Marc and Pamela create a curriculum that weaves together vocabulary of several dance styles, music of numerous countries and cultures, bone and muscle identification, discussion of the cultures addressed in the music selections, poetry and improvisational movement ( free dance) to enhance the students’ ability/skills to view dance as a means of personal artistic expression.The students will learn about creating their own and group dances and enhance their movement comfort and confidence. Each residency contains a final day “assembly” where each class shows their work. Known for their energy and positive outlook, Pamela and Marc lead the students though a residency which is a vigorous, colorful and educational foray into the world of dance.
An ending assembly in which each class will perform its own individual dance and older grades will create their own dances to perform.
- Performing and creating movement and dance with, and for your peers.
- Performing in an assembly with your class, individual and group choreography.
- Learning of and moving to music of different continents and movement from different cultures and styles of dance.
- Students will identify bone and muscle anatomy as it relates to dance movement.
- Sequencing of movement, sound, visual and oral cues to work as a group for a performance outcome.
- Best suited for K-5th grades.
- Can be modified for 6th-8th grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hour: 4 hours per residency
- Travel from Eugene