Lane Arts Council works to strengthen and support the arts in Lane County. We seek a qualified Arts Education Program Assistant to support the implementation of our arts education programs in schools. This is a new dedicated staff position that will be supervised by the Arts Education Program Manager and work closely with schools, teaching artists, and the general arts community to increase the scope of arts education throughout the county.
Review of applications will begin on Monday December 15, 2014. After we receive your application, we may contact you for further information or to arrange an interview. We are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your application.
FTE: .5 (Half-time, 20 hours/week)
Benefits: Two weeks of paid vacation and paid holidays. No health benefits.
Travel: This position may require travel to schools throughout the county (5% of time).
Reports to: Arts Education Program Manager
This position is supported by grant funding through September 2018 and may be extended beyond the grant funded period.
Administrative Program Support
- Support in-school and after-school arts education programs at schools throughout Lane County, including outreach to schools in rural areas.
- Be the lead communicator for scheduling arts education programs between schools and teaching artists. This includes managing contracts with over twenty schools and teaching artists.
- Maintain comprehensive online program calendars.
- Manage and update school database.
- Support teaching artist training events, workshops, and communications.
- Assist the Executive Director and Arts Education Program Manager in the coordination and development of the Culture and Education Alliance (CEA), monthly gatherings of arts and culture organizations and schools.
- Create and send monthly newsletter to CEA members.
- Maintain and update CEA website and database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing and Reporting
- Coordinate arts education marketing material mailings to schools twice a year.
- Maintain and update teaching artist profiles and web content for all arts education programs on Lane Arts Council website.
- Develop content for newsletter and Facebook.
- Experience coordinating programs in a school or nonprofit setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience designing with InDesign and Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting
- Experience designing, developing and supporting arts or other non-profit programs
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Maintains integrity in the workplace
- Willingness to challenge oneself
- Ability to collaborate with others effectively
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
Review of applications will begin on Monday December 15, 2014. Please submit the following application materials as one complete PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter describing the experience, skills, and traits that make you the ideal candidate for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Lane Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification by law.