Join us for our January 3rd First Friday ArtWalk, guest-hosted by Michael Fisher, Executive Director of Maude Kerns Art Center. Take the guided tour and follow the host to hear from the featured artists, or explore the open galleries and venues from 5:30-8pm on your own.
- 5:30pm ANTI-AESTHETIC (245 W 8th Ave) “Under Our Moon Future Ascensions,” the inaugural exhibition of Eugene Contemporary Art’s new space
- 6:00pm Karin Clarke Gallery (760 Willamette St) “Bread, Shelter, and Circus,” an exhibit of oil paintings by Adam Grosowsky
- 6:30pm Euphoria Chocolate Company (946 Willamette St) Eugene Modern Quilt Guild shows a collection of quilts created in their Traveling Quilt Bee
- 7:00pm Sparrow Studios (136 E Broadway) Sketchbooks and visual journals from Unbound: Eugene-Springfield Sketchbook Challenge
- 7:30pm Oregon Art Supply (1020 Pearl St) Paintings by Erika Beyer, which she describes as “scientific storytelling”
Unbound: Eugene-Springfield Sketchbook Challenge
Sparrow Studios (136 E Broadway)
Unbound challenged artists, designers, and creatives in the Eugene-Springfield area to start or deepen their sketchbook or visual journal practice, resulting in a diverse collection of books that vary in size, medium, and purpose. The challenge launched in August 2019 and artists worked in their sketchbooks throughout the fall. Read more
For artist and exhibit details, check out the ArtWalk Itinerary or download the ArtWalk Guide.