Volunteer with Lane Arts Council
Below is a listing of current volunteer opportunities. We can work together to customize a volunteer or internship experience that suits your individual interests, skills and needs. To inquire about volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-485-2278.
To inquire please fill out the Volunteer and Intern Application and submit to email@example.com
Stay connected with opportunities by joining the Lane Arts Volunteer Facebook Group.
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
FIRST FRIDAY ARTWALK (year-round)
Interest in community arts and public events. Skills: customer service, communications
- ArtWalk Assistant (pre-event): Provide support and promotion for the ArtWalk, including posting to community calendars and social media.
- ArtWalk Ambassador: Answer questions, welcome participants on the tour, and pass out ArtWalk guides.
- ArtWalk Photographer: Take photographs to be shared through digital media.
- ArtWalk Promoter: Deliver ArtWalk posters and guides to spread the word.
- Artist Marketplace Volunteer: Help coordinate/manage Artist Marketplace (June-Oct).
- Evaluation: Coordinate and help with evaluation during the ArtWalk.
FIESTA CULTURAL (summer-fall)
Interest in community outreach and social media. Skills: writing, communications
Fiesta Cultural is a four month long celebration of Latinx arts and culture. We organize a kickoff event in downtown Eugene every September and promote community events through the fall.
- Support outreach to Latinx community members
- Promote Fiesta Cultural at Latinx community events
- Coordinate social media content throughout festival
- Represent Lane Arts Council during the festival kick-off event
WORKSHOPS AND ARTIST RESOURCES (year-round)
Interest in community outreach and supporting artists. Skills: writing, communications, customer service, research and project development
- Setup/breakdown of workshops; process registrations and check in participants
- Support outreach and promotion for workshops and events
- Support program development (workshops, panel discussions, convenings)
- Create and maintain resource listing for artists
ARTS EDUCATION (year-round)
Depending on interest and availability, an arts education internship or practicum could provide support in one or multiple focus areas:
- Assist with Design Arts Apprenticeship program (coordinate kick-off, workshop and showcase; develop outreach materials; compile and track paperwork)
- Documentation of in-school programming, including visits to schools for photography and interviews with students, teachers, and artists; content creation for digital/social media and Lane Arts Council promotional materials
- Assist with scheduling of artist residencies
THE CREATIVE LINK (winter and spring)
Graduate student preferred. Interest in education.
The Creative Link is an evolving model for arts-based school enhancement that unites teaching artists with middle school educators to generate creative, challenging and sustainable learning opportunities for students. Teaching artists work side by side with educators, modeling arts integration approaches within the classroom.
- Assist with communications, program design, documentation, and assessment.
SUMMER CAMP (May-July)
Interest in youth arts education; travel to Veneta each day of camp (4 days/wk for 3 weeks)
- Assist with promotion and recruitment for camp; registration
- Support operations and logistics each day of camp
- Support volunteer recruitment and food donations
ARTSPARK & EVENTS (year-round)
Interest in development/fundraising and event planning. Skills: writing and communications.
ArtSpark is an initiative in partnership with the Rotary Club of Eugene to provide every elementary school in the Eugene School District 4J with at least one artist residency. Each spring, we host the ArtSpark fundraising gala event to raise funds for this programming.
- Attend ArtSpark planning meetings
- Procure and track donations of artwork for the ArtSpark auction
- Create descriptions and imagery for promotion of auction items
- Support ArtSpark event planning and logistics
- Procure dessert donations and support Dessert Dash at ArtSpark auction
- Promote Gala ticket sales to the community.
- Create Facebook posts showing the positive impact of ArtSpark throughout school year
- Support other donor/benefit events and development initiatives throughout the year
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS (year-round)
Skills: strong writing and communications skills; some design experience.
- Create social media posts for programs, news and community events
- Create monthly newsletter
- Maintain calls to artists page and artist resources on website
- Support development of marketing campaigns, media releases, promotional materials
- Assist with marketing and community outreach for programs and events