***This residency is booked for the 2022-23 school year. Let us know if you’d like to schedule this for the 2023-24 school year.***
In this residency, students will explore the worlds of design and color as they create their very own glazed ceramic tiles.
Each student will be able to take home the ceramic tile they have designed and glazed. Schools may also choose to use these tiles to create an installation in the school building.
- Students will be able to develop an idea into a completed work of art.
- Students will learn about the basics of ceramic glazing and firing.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 4 hours per classroom
- Materials: $3.50 per student
- Travel from Eugene
**4j schools choosing this residency through the ArtSpark program will be required to pay a portion of the material fees and prep hours**
Why I teach:
“I like being a facilitator of art to help inspire the students. I give them the directions, the materials, and the motivation. Then I can watch the students create art through their own thoughts and vision.” -Larry Meyers