Move The Student Body/Dance Your Art is an inspiring, fun, and creative dance residency led by long-time dance professionals/DTO directors Marc Siegel and Pamela Lehan-Siegel. Their diverse dance experience allows students an opportunity to explore numerous dance traditions including modern/contemporary dance, ballet, jazz, and hip-hop. Through the residency students build movement confidence, strength, flexibility, and explore their own personal artistic expression. The curriculum also incorporates educational “threads” including muscle and bone identification, geographic referencing of the continents/countries whose music is introduced, and how to use mathematics in dance.. Students will learn about the basics of creating their own solo and group dances as a means of personal artistic expression.
This high energy residency is ideal for students of all abilities and is a great way for students to develop their physicality, artistry, musicality, and co-operation skills. Marc and Pamela believe that “every person can express themselves through dance” and this vigorous, colorful, and educational residency allows students to explore and create art with the body.
An ending assembly in which each class performs a choreographed group dance. Older grades may perform their own original choreographed works.
- Performing and creating movement and dance with, and for your peers.
- Performing in an assembly with your class, individual and group choreography.
- Learning about and moving to music of different continents and movement from different cultures and styles of dance.
- Students will identify bone and muscle anatomy as it relates to dance movement.
- Sequencing of movement, sound, visual and oral cues to work as a group for a performance outcome.
- Best suited for K-5th grades.
- Can be modified for 6th-8th grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hour: 4 hours per residency
- Travel from Eugene