Students will collaborate on beautiful public art murals as they create works that will live on well beyond their years in the school.
These mural classes introduce students in the theoretical and practical aspects of painting, murals and public art. The course includes an actual practicum in large-scale media and experimentation of techniques including drawing, painting, mosaic and natural materials. The objective of this course is for students to develop their visual art practice and understand some of the social roles of art and the impact of murals in their communities.
A new mural and the inclusive process in creating the artwork will create a landmark in the school and encourage students to be and creative and confident.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of painting techniques
- Be able to listen and then collaborate with individuals and groups
- Explore a personal driving force and apply that stimulus visually
- Acquire physical experience painting though exercises
- Acquire sensibility to make compositions
- Appropriate for all grade levels
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 12 hours per residency
- Travel from Eugene
- Mural pricing varies depending scale and detail of the project. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss pricing.
**4j schools choosing this residency through the ArtSpark program will be required to pay a portion of the material and design fees**
Esteban is outstanding in working with students! Students REALLY looked forward to their weekly art time. – Dave Hulbert, Principal, Maple Elementary
Watch the City of Eugene’s Library, Recreation, and Cultural Services department showcase Esteban’s public murals in this video.