*For the 2019-2020 school year, Esteban’s availability is limited to the Fall.*
These mural classes introduce students in the theoretical and practical aspects of painting, murals and public art. The course includes an actual practicum in large-scale media and experimentation of techniques including drawing, painting, mosaic and natural materials. The objective of this course is for students to develop their visual art practice and understand some of the social roles of art and the impact of murals in their communities.
A new mural and the inclusive process in creating the artwork will create a landmark in the school and encourage students to be and creative and confident.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of painting techniques
- Be able to listen and then collaborate with individuals and groups
- Explore a personal driving force and apply that stimulus visually
- Acquire physical experience painting though exercises
- Acquire sensibility to make compositions
- Appropriate for all grade levels
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 12 hours per residency
- Materials: $3,000 flat fee
- Travel from Eugene
The City of Eugene’s Library, Recreation, and Cultural Services department showcases Esteban’s public murals in this video.