Empresarios de Fiesta Cultural
The Empresario de Fiesta Cultural program supports new cultural producers, or those wishing to learn more about coordinating an event or program, from the Latino/a/x/e community. This is the second year of the program, which will support events and programs happening now through the end of December 2023.
Empresarios will receive:
- A stipend for their time to coordinate
- Funding to support artist fees, space rentals, supplies, etc.
- Additional support including
- A checklist of things to consider when coordinating events
- Marketing assistance and event sharing through Lane Arts Council channels
- Suggestions of community partners to work with and/or spaces to hold events
- Assistance in navigating any permitting or other bureaucratic processes that might be barriers to event planning
The exact amounts of the stipend and financial support is dependent on the scope of the program. Typically, stipends are around $750 and supportive fees around $1000. Depending on the scale of the event, the funding may cover all aspects of the program or be supplementary with additional funds recruited by the Empresario from other contributors (ticket sales, sponsors, etc.).
Proposal review will begin on Monday, October 9th, but accepted on an ongoing basis until all available Empresario slots have been filled. Although new Empresarios will be prioritized, we strongly encourage all interested to apply.