Lane County Arts Convenings
Lane Arts Council is working in partnership with Arts & Business Alliance of Eugene with support from Emerald Arts Center and Florence Regional Arts Alliance and sponsorship from Springfield Arts Commission, to develop a series of Lane County Arts Convenings bringing together artists and arts administrators across our county. Convenings are focused on timely topics that are impacting our arts community in the current moment.
These convenings are intended to create a platform of connection for arts and cultural organizations in Lane County to:
- Share challenges, concerns, successes, and ideas
- Ask questions and ask for input from fellow artists and arts administrators
- Identify specific resources and support that might be helpful
- Create opportunities for collaborations
- Discuss diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices
- Respond to demands for racial justice
- Organizational and Contingency Planning in Response to COVID-19 (7/21/20)
- Guidelines and Practices for a Safe Reopening (8/11/20)
- A Conversation with Funders (8/25/20)
- The Sustainability / Audience Engagement Connection (9/22/20)
Stay tuned to hear about our next convening!
Intention of Structure
Our intention with these Convenings is to begin with perspective from experts in the field around a given topic, and then turn the conversation back to attendees to learn from each other and share expertise, questions, and perspectives from their work in Lane County. You do not need to have planned content to share in order to attend! We simply ask that all attendees are ready and willing to listen, respond, and share.
Additional Convening topics will be announced as details are finalized. If you have a topic you would like to see addressed, please contact Becca Schaefer at email@example.com.