Students create kid-tested and -approved ceramic projects while learning about the artistic process through 2D & 3D design, clay sculpting techniques, surface decoration, color theory, and the firing process. Andrea works with individual classrooms and teachers to integrate classroom curriculum and school themes with her ceramic lessons for a full-bodied, hands-on arts learning experience.
Students will produce either a glazed and fired ceramic animal face, finger puppet, or miniature sculpture.
- Students will explore the use of technique and problem-solving through the creative process.
- Students will create, present, or perform a work of art that demonstrates an idea, mood, or feeling using essential elements or organizational principles.
- Students will engage in informed and respectful discussion of current events, social issue, and new ideas.
- Students will develop and strengthen their writing skills by planning, revising, or trying a new approach.
- Students will reason with shapes and their attributes.
- Suited for all grade levels
- 4 sessions at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1.5 hour per class
- Materials: $1.50 per student for 1 project
- Travel from Eugene
“The children attending this program felt challenged (in a positive way) and felt that they learned a lot over the course of this class.” — Fern Ridge Public Library
“Andrea was amazing! Students were excited to work on the projects and with Andrea.” –Territorial Elementary