***This program is fully booked for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year; please let us know if you are interested in bringing Jessilyn to your school in 2019-20!***
While painting the mural together in groups, we will learn elements of art, drawing and painting techniques and how to work collaboratively to make a piece of history and culture for the school to last decades. I work with staff to determine the theme of the mural and often design murals for schools with themes in natural history/local flora and fauna, community, and school values. It is also successful to design from your school curriculum and use the mural as a teaching tool while we paint.
Long lasting mural for school.
Help students reason with shapes and colors and their attributes
Help students learn biological species names while learning about composition, color mixing and color temperature
- Teach students the elements and principles of art: Line, Shape, Form, Space, Color, Value, Texture, Balance, Movement, Rhythm, Contrast, Emphasis, Pattern, Unity, Scale/Proportion
- Teach students ways in which the arts serve a variety of personal, professional, practical, economic, community and cultural needs.
- Help students create, present or perform a work of art that demonstrates an idea, mood or feeling using essential elements or organizational principles. Learning to work collaboratively and test creative experiments.
- Appropriate for all grade levels.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1.25 hours of prep per day + 6 hours of design work per residency
- Materials: $1.25 per student
- Travel from Eugene
“Jessilyn was well-prepared to work with a variety of grade levels. ” — Charlemagne Elementary