***Fully booked for the 2018-19 school year – please let us know if you would like to request Rachell for the 2019-20 school year!***
Learn about the incredibly diverse material of glass in all its forms and stages. Fuse pieces of glass together to create a permanent bond and understand its relationship with temperature and ‘stress’. Walk away with pieces to take home such as a magnet, necklace and/or small dish.
A small fused glass piece made from clear, colored and accessory glass that can be taken home or kept in the classroom.
Students will learn about the basic disciplines of glass and see examples of objects they may see in their life that come from glasswork.
Students will learn how to work within size and material limitations, practicing decision skills and maintaining boundaries while creating their small works.
- Students will learn how to work with glass and share tools/supplies with their classmates in a safe and supportive way.
- Students will gain public speaking confidence when sharing their end piece with the class.
- Students will learn the science behind glass as a material and how temperature effects the level of fusing in the glass.
- Best suited for for 3rd through 12th grades.
- Can be modified for Kindergarten through 2nd grades.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours:
- Materials: $2.00 per student
- Travel from Eugene