2018 Call for Proposals
Lane Arts Council’s Northwest Arts Integration Conference:
Empowering Student Voice
Applications due: January 19, 2018.
Please feel free to download this Call (pdf) and distribute it widely!
Lane Arts Council is pleased to announce its 2nd annual professional development conference on arts integration. The Northwest Arts Integration Conference is inspired by our work on the ArtCore program, in partnership with Inflexion and five Lane County middle schools. ArtCore’s team of researchers, artists, and educators support Oregon’s public schools in building a sustainable, school-wide learning ecology that utilizes creative expression to deepen students’ learning experiences. This conference shares the knowledge gained through ArtCore and its practical, hands-on arts integration applications to a wider, regional audience. This year’s conference will be held Saturday, April 21st, 2018, at the Lane Community College Downtown Campus in Eugene, Oregon.
Conference activities are organized around how arts integrated learning opens doors for all students to participate, engage, and grow. Utilizing this framework, the Conference invites educators, artists, and researchers from the Northwest region and beyond, to:
- Explore developing perspectives in local, regional, and national arts integration research.
- Connect to a shared community of practice with local teachers who have implemented arts integration, as well as national practitioners sharing arts integration leadership strategies for principals and district administrators.
- Engage in early-stage establishment of a statewide network of innovators in arts education by sharing our learning with regional and national teachers, researchers, and administrators.
- Support educators in shifting both pedagogy and practice to accommodate the needs of a creative classroom.
- Increase statewide implementation of arts integration practices.
- Encourage the use of arts integration as a platform for student empowerment by givin