Students will have the time of their life exploring the world of abstract art as they literally throw paint, which is turned into take-home keepsakes.
This participatory art event allows students to enjoy creating work in a collaborative environment. This type of process making allows students to create without preconceived notions. This process begins the conversation of “what is art?”
Students will throw paint on two pieces of canvas and each student and teacher will receive a “flag” or portion of each collaborative work.
- Students will learn how to work in a collaborative learning environment.
- Students will learn process art-making.
- Students will learn how to question the concept of what art is or is not.
- Students will learn that not all art is precious, but instead interesting and interesting to create.
- Students will learn basic art vocabulary, such as line and composition.