Students will, frame-by-frame, translate clay sculpture into moving video with the help of a little technology and a lot of creativity.
A Science+Art+Technology experience for students as they learn essentials of creating their own stop motion animation using the engaging and expressive medium of clay along with iPads. Students will learn methods of working collaboratively in supportive teams to create, design and produce video stories shared in Claymation video that explore and illuminate a theme devised by students or integrate a classroom theme.
Students will create stories depicted in story boards, clay figures and completed animated videos using teamwork skills, modeling clay, oil pastels, iPads, to create claymation videos which can be shared in class and on school website or online if desired.
Here is a sample final product from students at McCornack Elementary!
- Basic animation skills and terminology through the Stop Motion Studio app; how to create special effects using Claymation techniques
- How to plan and plot the arc of an animated story while making a story board of a video
- Basic clay shaping techniques and color mixing
- How to offer and apply constructive critique in order to generate positive work-flow and video content as a creative team.
- How to apply classroom themes to the art of animation and express ideas across different media.
- Appropriate for all grade levels.
- 4 visits at 45 minutes each
- Prep hours: 1.5 hours per classroom
- Materials: $1.00 per student.
- Travel from Corvallis